Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wee hours




My office assistants Hannibal and Clarice have recently subscribed to the routine of retiring by 9 and rising around 3. This is conducive for a lot of organizing, punch lists & the like when the world is asleep. There's a lot to do everyday. Thursdays I rip apart Betty cheese by cheese, give her an aggressive bath with steel wool and bleach and lovingly rearrange her contents in the most provocative way possible. In the days after V-Day, I tore down the red hearts, flowers, etc. and set about to create a new front window display. What to do? The thought of a prez day theme was a tad too titillating for me. Anyway, after placing orders, cleaning, email, making soup, slicing cheese, yada, I stripped out the front window, cashed out and dashed to Ellsworth for hair triage, meanwhile leaving the window well, bare. This is unsettling. I grasped for ideas the next morning and well, you gotta work with what you got. I love to have the opportunity to delight peoples senses and be a conduit for a lot of happy exchanges between neighbors and strangers in the shop. There is always laughing and smiles. Cheese for World Piece? Again, it's 4:23 am.


Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment